Tuesday, September 7, 2010

All the bands I used to love...... and still do.

Way off the topic of this blog but.... I just suddenly felt very nastalgic today.... and the need to write down all these amazing bands and music groups I grew up listening to and loved so much so I never, ever forget them. I got in the mood today to dig through my memories and start looking up these guys (and gals) on iTunes and I just got in the zone- I could not stop!  I even re-bought a few of them, just for the H of it.  Sigh..... I just can't get enough.....

Erasure

Book of Love (I so wish I could have seen them live....)  
 
Enigma

Depeche Mode  (A HUGE regret of mine- that I never got to see them in concert. So obsessed with them.)
The Cure (Hands down, the best concert I ever went to, period. And I went to ALOT!)
                                                       New Order
       Xymox
      A-ha
     Tears for Fears
     Siouxsie and the Banshees
    OMD
    Information Society          
U2    (still love them, oh, how I love them! Second best concert I ever went to, they were phenominal!!)

Dead or Alive            
Kon Kan   



                           

I don't ever want to forget how much I love these bands!  I am into a broader spectrum of music now as I've grown up (a little....kind of....)  and though my general tastes may have changed ever so slightly, no matter where I am or what I'm doing- even if I am 99 and 1/2 years old and am somehow in a mall somewhere- and any song by any of these groups starts playing overhead, I know I will stop in my tracks, close my eyes and smile. And start singing......



3 comments:

  1. We like the same Bands...I'm a 56 y.o. guy. SawThe Cure Petshopboys Duran-Duran and B-52's in Atlanta thru the 80's & 90's. Iwill do the same at 100+y.o. too. 3/12/2021

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should go the Hiawassee Fair & music festival in North Georgia if you like Blue grass. in Hiawassee, GA 30546.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiawassee Mountain Fair Aug. 13-21, 2021.

    ReplyDelete