Monday, September 20, 2010

For the love of nature....

I've not written in too long.... my only excuse is that -  1.  We went to the beach for a few days and I had no computer access.... 2.)  I was sick as a dog these past several days. Really thought I had Strep throat, but thankfully it is getting better and there were no white spots.  That I could see.  
Anyways, not much going on other than my exciting new adventure is starting to take shape.... I've received most of my herbs and oils in the mail and have begun creating new and exciting concoctions for myself and my family. I made a eucalyptus inhaler from my husband who is suffering from chronic sinus infections, and it's actually helping him, I'm so happy to say!  I made an herbal bath brew that smelled heavenly and a crazy chamomile/rose/coconut/peppermint lip-balm that is just plain awesome!!!!  So weird, and so awesome....  :)    I love it!    I've really been having a great time not only trying to find new and interesting things to make out of all of these herbs and oils, but also researching them, and finding out everything I can about which ones do what and which ones to pair up with others, etc. 
It is amazing to me how our Heavenly Father provided all of this for us before doctors were a twinkle in the Earth's eye.  He gave us these for our health and well being that have been here for the taking, and many of us have turned out backs on them. I was one of them. Now, I will never ever say they are a substitute for modern medicine, because I don't think they are. God also gave us minds and intelligence and science with which we have used to create medicines which have cured countless ailments and saved lives. However, here these plants and herbs still are, helping and healing us in many, many ways. And for that I am grateful. I had been one of those people that put little stock in these things because though lavender has always been calming to me, I rarely ever saw other "proof" that these things worked. Now that I have been reading and studying these things diligently, and actually working with them to see first hand what they can do, I am learning a great deal about the magic that is in these plants and herbs. That my Dad was right about how good melatonin really is for sleep, raspberry leaf helps nausea.... it's all just so amazing to me. I look forward to learning more and more, and seeing what magic I can create with what I now have, and know.  Diaper rash cream is up next on my list.... wish me luck!   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment