Sunday, August 15, 2010

More than just my daily life....


I usually just write about my day to day experiences, but tonight I'm writing about a new favorite show.... True Blood was psycho to me the first time I saw it, but when I heard about a creepy new program set in the gloriously spooky south, I was in. I watched the first episode with my husband, and within 5 minutes, shut the dang thing off and left the room. I really was disappointed, because I had a feeling I would really like it. I love the south, I love creepy, and I'm crazy about spooky, so it seemed like a perfect fit. Come to find out, the "1st" episode, was actually the first from season 2. So no wonder I was lost as to what the heck was going on, and disgusted by the randomness of what I was seeing.  
So, needless to say, I started from the beginning, (thank goodness for Netflix, seriously),   and the rest is history. I enjoy vampire stuff- books, movies- not because it's really cool right now with the whole "Twilight" thing happening- (which incidentally, I also really dig), but just because I just do. Always have. I remember watching Nosferatu with my Dad when I was younger, and I loved the black and white, and the ambiance it added to a real classic monster film..... If it's creepy I love it. But only if it is actually creepy, realistic (or at least semi) and believable. Something you can let yourself fall into and extend belief. I'm not someone who believes in any of it, but I'd really like to. Actually,I'd love to. Makes things interesting. I consider myself a skeptic who desperately wants to believe..... so far, the only scary movie that I just physically cannot watch, is Arachnophobia. Nope, not ever, never going to happen.
So, True Blood.... it's getting deliciously psycho right now, and both my hubs and I are hooked. Sunday nights are our "movie night" together, and we love it. Then he watches Entourage or some such thing, and I come in here to write. Tonight I just felt like sharing my new found obsession. Although,I do have to say, I am really irked that so far in Charlaine Harris' first book, "Dead Until Dark", (which is the first in the series of novels which True Blood is based off of), Tara is nowhere to be found!!!!  Why is she not in the book but in the show?? I love her character and am confused as to why HBO just created her and put her in. But I am really glad they did, and who knows, maybe I just haven't read far enough into the book yet to find her. Maybe she's in there after all. 




On a side note, I am not ashamed to admit how much I enjoyed Twilight. I'm just not. It really brought back some memories for me, the way I myself felt sometimes in High School. I didn't care as much for the rest of the saga, but that first one.... wow. Loved it.  I plan to read it again soon,  First I need to get crackin' the spine of the newest Tess Gerritsen novel, "Ice Cold."  LOVE her books. They are set in Boston, and for many historical reasons, I want to go there so badly, I just can't even tell you.... But, that's for another blog entry....    :)   Next time I may write about my other latest obsession - House M.D.  Seriously, I have a problem, and I may need an intervention. I'll let you know.    :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment