Monday, August 9, 2010

Motherhood

Motherhood is definitely better than I ever thought it would be. I had an idea about it just from friends and family members, working with kids for 7 years before getting married myself and really thinking about it. My husband (then boyfriend) was collecting Disney movies for our future children before we'd even gotten engaged, I thought about the top layer of motherhood and the fun stuff. Fantasies of playing in the backyard, going for walks with my kids on my back or up on my husbands shoulders.  I didn't have one clue how much love I would be filled with. How much joy it would bring into my life. How utterly blessed I would feel and how grateful I would be to have my little boy. He is the love of our lives! What an joy it is to watch him grow and learn, see him figuring things out in his mind, hear him speak new words! Just yesterday he was born, and today he is a toddler! Amazing.....    

No comments:

Post a Comment