Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A Visit With My Mom

My beautiful Mom has come for a visit, and we have been having an awesome time!! It's been going by so fast and we really haven't done too much stuff, mostly sticking close to home as a result of this vicious heat. But we've had a wonderful time together. I am so happy that she was able to come up before she started the school year. She is a teacher and they start school very realy here in the South for some reason. Maybe it's everywhere, I don't know. But all I remember is when I was a litle kid, school started in September and ended in June. Not so much 'round here. Ends in June and starts mid August. So unfair to those kids, but especially the teachers! What a crappy short summer break if you ask me! But, at least it's a break. Andshe was able to come here and hang with us so that's what counts!


We may go to Birmingham on Friday, I am very excited about that. There is so much history there, and so much to see and do. I worry about the heat though, but you know what? I'm gettin' pretty tired of missing out on the outdoors and doing fun stuff because of it being so hot, so unless it is dangerous for us, and especially my little boy, we'll get on out there and have some fun, and stay in doors as much as we can.

I want to tell the world how much I love my Mom. I appreciate her so much, and especially now that I am a Mom myself. I see her as a friend too, and I always have, but it is so much more now, and I'm so grateful for ou rrelationship, and the understanding and appreciation I have now for her, and for all she's done for me as my Mother. Thanks Mommy, for everything! I love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment